Landscape plans

Michael-k

Im looking for some work arounds when making landscape plans. I know such plans can be really cool made by hand. My problem is that im lossy to hand drawings, so is there any adwise to made them by computer.

I have tryed some autocad and photoshop to make the color, but its not working as I would.

How do you make nice looking landscape plans by computer ?

I have never mastered the great art of creating beautiful landscape plans by hand. So I used SketchUp for a quick site plan which I attached. It could be improved by using more/better tree symbols but this got the job done on a quick deadline. Also, by creating the model in SketchUp I was able to obtain the 2D site plan and also render the model in 3D studio which created a nice presentation board.

Hope this helps a bit.

Mike White

Its cool, and a nice way of doing it, if you have to show some 3d. But i just need to do the 2d plans, for some presentation.

I have work on it, and will continue this morning, so I hope I can get some good results later on and still I can use some advise. Right now im trying to export the plan from autocad to photoshop, with transparent background, and then gut out the details, and color them, hatch and give them some shadows and structur.

The biggest thing find helps is plenty of detail, and also try to use alot of different line weights. Pretty standard stuff i guess....

If you are going to try colour in PS then keep the colours light and not to saturated.

• 5 weeks later...

adobe illustrator might be a better option than photoshop, mainly because it is a vector-based application and works well with autocad files.

i use it all the time for coloured plans and elevations (see attached).