render strips using vray frame buffer

seamus

I'm have been using vray to render hi-res scenes using strips - (the split scan lines feature in network rendering) for a long time now and find it good. I have recently been using the vray frame buffer to split the g-buffer channels of certain images. However I very distorted images when I enable the vray built-in frame buffer and also split scan lines (strips).

Does split scan lines not work using the vray frame buffer?

When you net render (backburner) , unselect the use vray render buffer. Or else the image becomes distorted virtically, but if i can remember it will still render what the properties would look like in the vray buffer just on the screen it will lokk different. I think this is the case, had the same problem when rendering using backburner and strips using the vray buffer and gamma correction, the images came out distorted virtically, as well as with too much gamma, found that when i render it all with out the vray buffer enable it worked fine, tested it by doing a small version in max itself and using the vray buffer.

Hope that helps a bit, did alot of searching myself but never found any reference to it on the internet, proberly missed a very obvious example somewhere but at the time was very busy and just needed it done.

• 3 years later...

can anyone help tell me how to render out sections of a scene in vray, to make a huge image?

on one PC with vray and max please?

i like the 'blowup' render option. but is there a way to make exact selections in blowup to piece together after?