Penthouse Interior

MikeC

Originally posted by MikeC:

[QB] Any comments appreciated. I think it might be time to change software. Hard to get that 'soft' looking image eg vray.

This looks really good!

Switching to V-ray might give you a nice soft render, but it won't make you a good 3d artist, which (going by the evidence presented here) you obviously are...

Could you maybe tell us how you did light this? Is it radiosity? If it's not radiosity, could you show us a wireframe showing the position of your lights?

thanks.

Thanks for the positive feedback men. Apologies for the lack of information on the construction of the image. I will dig out the parameters and append them to this thread.

You are all correct....lightscape!!

i really dont want to move to an alternative rendering system as I am more than happy with the attainable images from lightscape.

I know there is a comprehensive thread in the lightscape forum on how 'great' it is and where to go next, so I will refrain from adding to this.

I provided an alternative view

filepush.asp?file=RochesterCourt.jpg

Showing more of the left interior.

Bigcahunak, thanks for the reply

The floor and glass in this previous image was similar to what the client was looking for. I will tweak both the floor and the glass for the final output.

filepush.asp?file=TowersideApartments.jpg

looking your renderings i wonder why want to change software...

important is quality of renderings

no one knows which software u used when render is so great until u say

and who care's except 'cgartists'

i like ur rendering u do many peops here do

so who care's which software...

Ok, this is just me...I love Jacobsen chairs and these just look too flat. The backs should have more curvature. You can get the actual models from Herman Miller.

I like the last image a lot. I don't know how much of the 'space' it shows, but the back ground image looks superb and really great! It adds a lot of depth.

Nice work.