asking about fast sss with vray 1.47 ver.

yogeshwagh

hi to all,

i am working on the vray 1.47 license verion of vray. i have heard about the fast sss with Vray 1.5 . can u please help me with this concept.... and my quiestion is now we have the licence version of vray 1.47 can we upgrade it to Vray 1.5.. its free for licensed verion or any extra charges....??

i am eager to know about the new concepts which are adopted by vray 1.5.....

thanks.

yogesh wagh

What do you want to know about it? Have you tried the fastSSS in MR? It is similar conceptually.

And no, no one has had to pay for an upgrade of Vray since its first official build in 2002.

hi,

thank you very much for replying me, i have uploaed one image , this kind of look and feel i am looking for.....

thanks again ....:D

i am very happy that your giving me your valuable suggestions to improve our skills..... thanks a lot....

wouldn't that be more of using vray's translucency as opposed to the fastSSS ??

hi thanks for reply,

does Vray's traslucency works for this look and feel for paper? because i am looking for the same look and feel for the same model and texture...

please give me sny suggestions how to do it... i am thinking to do it with the texture only... is there another method for this... please help me abot it..

thanks

yogesh

Try using Fog on the VRay Mtl. Set it to, maybe, 0,05 and the refraction glossiness to 0,5 and see what happens.

hi,

thanks for reply, i am very happy to hear from you, thanks for giving me the solution i will try it and let you know abot it ASAP

lots of thanks to you for helping me ...

thanks

yogesh

• 1 year later...