Entrance

STRAT

Sup fellas?

One of those rare occations i thought i'd post up a WIP or 2.

Right, not the most realistic stuff i've done by half because of an unusual tight dead line, but i thought they were comming out quite pleasing so far anyway.

Modelled in Autocad and rendered in Cinema 4D.

Any suggestions? considering the tight dead line?

My boss want me to put ppl in the foreground, but imho this with turn the images into cheese and ruin them. wadda think?

I'm also getting some nasty reflection artifacts appearing randomly. even tho i've added render tags and forced a higher aa setting to them.

elin01.jpg

elin02.jpg

well i like them

i would stay clear of ppl though as u are right it would take away the realism

also i would slightly lower the amount of reflections in the glass to see if that helps

all the same i like alot and think u are being to hard on ur self

considering these where done in a hurry they are b****y good m8

keep em comming

Hi strat,

I'd go for vertical verticals. I know I've said this everywhere allready, but you're facade looks like it's withdrawing from something...

The reflections are a bit disturbing too. I wonder why you modelled the interior if you don't see much of it...

How long did you work on it btw?

nisus

cheers guys:)

nisus - what you mean by verticals? i can only model what my architect give me :/

reflection - yup. too confusin i agree. i'll remove some site trees and lessen the reflectivity (lake dd mentions).

interior - dont worry, there's a whole set of interior images done too, only imho they not up to my own usual standard and im not that happy with them (client loves them tho) so im not posting them :(

well as most of you know, difficult to put a time limit to because it's been a lengthy on-going project i've worked on for a year or so.

but for this lil project? i'd say about a working week. this includes 8 images and an animation.

strat,

for the time you have put in, you have a nice set of images shown here. only a few suggestions...

the first thing that strikes me is the sky. i don't know if it is merely the angle of the camera or what but i looks rather odd compared to the building itself.

i really like the level of reflectiveness/transparency in the glass of the second image. it may be just a little too reflective, but when you tone it down some, i know it will look amazing. biggrin2.gif

the can lights seem to be glowing rather than illuminating the soffit. looks to me like a strand of christmas lights or something.

Hi Strat,

I think a direct translation from my mother-tongue slipped in. Anyway... by verticals I mean the lines that should go vertical in your image. Those are actually the lines/edges that are perpendicular to the ground.

Maybe it's less confusing when I mention it as a parallax problem. Fix the 3-point perspective to a 2-point with a camera modifier or the camera technique I've described somewhere on this forum.

That way the vertical lines in your building will all be parallel to each other... I've found it hard to explain, but do you got it?

rgds

nisus

nisus - gottcha. as i say, time looming up so i just chucked in a 28 mm lens. to wide angle maybe.

also the second image - i moved the camera till it was only about 300mm from the groud level. that puts ppl off too.

as i mentioned about the interior - this is all 1 big project. i've done interior shots too, not just the exteriors :)