Vray - How to exclude objects from Reflection ??

vishesh_12

Hi fellows....

i am doing a product animation. i have been doing arch viz stuff from years, so this is something new to me.

object01ad5.jpg

i am using some self illuminated planes above the black object so that it can reflect on it.

but the problem is that my ground plane is also reflecting those self illimunated cards. i don't want to reflect those white self illimunated cards on the ground.

so is there any tips abt how can i exclude the reflection of the white self illimunated cards from the ground plane ???

too bad vray material doesn't have reflection exclude/include objects option, wich is do available with max raytrace map :(

i think this is a noob question icon10.gif

Cheers fellows !!!

thanks for the suggestion fellows :)

>>> imgumbydammit ........

i have tried many other things but nothing work. finally i did as u said. i linked the self illuminated plane with the camera so it moves with the camera. the idea is to position the self illuminated plane where it won't get reflected on the ground plane.

i am now able to get rid of its reflection on the ground. it works mate ;)

thanks for the suggestion :D

>>> Brian Smith...

but the problem is that i want the self illuminated plane to get reflected in the black product.

if i do what u said than it won't be reflected in the black product too. thats a problem for me.

Brian Smith >>>> But why not just create a VRay light (plane), and either exclude it from illuminating the the plane object

i have tried that. Vray can only include or exclude the objects from illuminating or from casting shadows. this feature of vray light has no effect on reflections. objects will be reflected whether or not they are included in the include list of objects in Vray light properties.

>>>> just use the material settings to make the plane not show such specular highlights and the black object to show specular highlights

i tried that too. it works actually.

i added a omni light with only specular highlight option enable. here i am trying to make the black object look glossy but without affecting the ground plane.

i removed the white self illimunating plane as its required, otherwise it will again get reflected on the ground plane. so i am trying to replacing the white reflections on the black product with the specular highlights.

i was able to get the specular highlights only on the black product and not on the ground plane. so it works !!!

but i have also noted that the specular highlights that i got was not looking as great as the effect i was getting from the reflection. so thats why i haven't used this method

another thing to note here is the white area u see on the ground plane [ in the above picture ] is the reflection of the self iluminating plane above. its not specular highlight.

>>> Christopher Nichols

thats cool.

looking forward to get my hands dirty with new Vray 1.5 :D

fellows... here is the animation what i have made so far...

click on the thumbnail to download the video 1.3 MB [ DivX Codec Required ]

cosmeticof5.jpg

any tips / suggestions for improving it are welcome :)

thanks for the suggestion fellows ;)