Office scene

STRAT

wow, looking real sweet so far. mental ray eh? wat's the render time on this image out of interest?

not much to crit really, other than the colours - all looking very bright, contrasty and glarey. tone them all down or de-saturate them a bit, specially the table tops, whilst maybe upping the general lighting levels of the room - looks a bit dark.

Gi looking sweet. i'd up the samples tho, a fair few artifacts showing in there, and also i'd turn the gi diffuse rate down a tad - there's too much colour bleeding happening.

oh yeah, and the monitors look dodgy ;)

minor crits tho, looking excellent so far!

[ May 29, 2002, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: STRAT ]

looks good ,i'd go with strat's crit, what i want to know is why this type of scene for an architectural portfolio, architects are impressed with flashy design and no cabling ever shows in an architectural proposal, so it seems more of a

realistic scene that youre after. maybe wait for an opportunity to do a designed interior. All architects evaluate design at the same level as they do the presentation of it.

I really like the 'liveable' look of your image, i.e. the oddly placed chairs, the computer cables on the desk, etc.

I think that the desktops are a bit too bright for the scene. It looks like a spot-light is shining from above each desk. However, I don't see any light coming from the lights in the ceiling. Are they supposed to be off?

The railing on the stairs looks like it is not right. I assume it is a metal-type material so there should be some reflection and shininess to it.

In the end I think you are off to a really good start for the portfolio. I am looking forward to future posts that show your changes! biggrin2.gif

Hi all,

Srry lads, being an architect myself I am not impressed at all.

I think this does not fit in an architectural portfolio, like foxlee mentioned before.

Why? Here it is...

The space is awful too And it looks like a real dirty place. I would not want to work in there!

The composition of the shot does not speak because it's very flat, even and too obvious.

Show of with your knowledge of mastering perspective: You can do better! ;)

Some minor remarks:

* Tabletops are too bright

* Computer screens are to computer-gray (the display is great!).

* The scene lighting does not seem to coincide with the position of the lights.

* I don't know if the thing to left is a window or a poster too.

* I wonder what that 'face' is doing under the stairway.

* the color of the water cooler is to blue/saturated.

Some very nice things:

* good, real model of the light fixture

* the screen display

Hope I was not to hard, but

rgds

nisus