Renders of a Chilean Building (Finalist for Mies Van der Rohe prize)

tricky

This was a college asigment (due yesterday) of planning/modeling/rendering an existing building and i choose this one, Manantiales Building, that was a finalist for the Mies Van der Rohe prize.

It was modeled using Autocad 2004, since the plans were done there and i needed the precision i cant find in 3DS (or that i dont know how to use yet...). Renders were done in Max 5.1.

Any critics/tips/help would be apreciated, since it's my first big rendering project, and i just started using textures and ligthing....

filepush.asp?file=Manant2.jpg

The actual building

filepush.asp?file=Resizeofp120.jpg

Hall, with a marble? (marmol) wall

filepush.asp?file=Resizeofp121.jpg

filepush.asp?file=Resizeofp122.jpg

filepush.asp?file=p123.jpg

filepush.asp?file=Resizeofp126.jpg

filepush.asp?file=Resizeofp128.jpg

filepush.asp?file=Resizeofp129.jpg

exterior views

Hi Tricky :)

I think it's a fine first attempt, the modeling is very good, and accurate from what I can see.

But I think you need to improve on your lighting /material/ texture handling. The textures are not what I would expected, and UV assignment isn't quite right (from the interior screenshot) The material properties wasn't set right either, it's either too reflective, or not reflective enough. (Compare to the photo)

But it's still a good model, lots of potential to improve upon it :) happy tuning :)