Running out of something (Scene starts fine then loses the maps)

superdave

Hey guys, I just recently got vray and have been playing with it alot. I am very excited and see alot of potentially great things being produced using it. But I have run into one massive problem that I don't seem to be able to resolve. The sence I am tring to render isn't very large and I am using RPC's in it. If I render a test at 640x480 it comes out fine, but when I increase the size to say 1600x1200 it starts out fine then in the middle of the final phase starts rendering out gray instead of the material color. I am going to attach an example of this to try and help explain. Please let me know if anyone has seen this before and might have some idea how to resolve it. Again this is not a huge scene and am wanting to produce some larger enviorments. Any Help would be appretiated.

David

When I render large images is when the render drops the maps. I am suprised no one else has had issues with this. I am reluctant to think that it is my machine. I am confident it is not, but could be wrong. I guess I will have to figure out the whole 1.5 version which requirs a dongle which I yet to recieve.

Currently Running

Dell Xeon 3.60 GHZ

3.59 GHZ

3.00 GB of Ram

Chad thank you again for your help turns out it was the version of Vray that was causing the problem. Currently rendering massive images with no problems unlike before. Thanks Again!

I wanted to verify again what I found to resolve this issue. It does appear to be the version of V-ray based on everything I have heard and experianced so far. If anyone is having this issue I would suggest getting the 1.5 Version of V-ray, Chaosgroup can send you a software dongle so you don't have to wait until they get the hardware dongle to you. I upgraded last week and this resolved alot of my problems that I was having. Good Luck All