tall tower

quizzy

• Administrators

I like this one much better as the sky is more realistic, and the lighting is much better, but I'd try to play with the camera angle some more and try to get the building verticals to be vertcial and not crop the top of the building.

my 2 cent. ;)

Hey quizzi why don't you try (if you have not already done so) to place a target direct light in front of the building (would be shining from the right side of the image) to simulate the sun. give it a multipler of ~1.5 (make the building cast some more shadows) GI would be a good idea. Also add some shurbs or hedges infront of that white cement wall, and do what Jeff suggested. Other than that, I like the model. I don't know about everyone else, but I have discovered that adding plants and shurbs to renderings totally enhances the image. By the way, at least you have the courage to post your work for comments right ? haha :)

to answer all your questions, I used GI (hdri dome light script) there are 71 lights in the scene. one light is a target direct with raytrace shadow. all the others are shadow mapped (map size=512) Its still a test render, need to make a final composition, and add a lot of geometry.. :)

The second image looks alot better...the sky and the change in lighting really end a more realistic air to it. A few other things that Im noticing now is more on texturing but its a WIP so might as well throw up the ideas. :) With the building texture, it kinda looks like your using a generic procedural or a fairly stretched texture, try making your own specific texture for the building to give it an even better sense of scale and a proper rock type texture. Also...with the windows shouldnt they be reflecting the sky a tad? On the right side of the building (in the second image) they're getting the nice spec highlight but they should be colored a bit more in contrast with the sky and such.

Hi quiz,

a tip: try to keep the verticals vertical ;)

i.e. humans tend to correct parallax, but cg-camera's don't. Try to correct this to get a more 'real' view.

Also try to add a bit more sky, so we can see the top of the tower.

rgds

nisus

You said you used HDRI...I don't know...It doesn't look like that....Maybe you should try to use a Skydome, or try some "fakeosity", as we call it here. The lack of a strong light source (i.e. sun) bothers me a little, so I'd add that. When you put a well defined light (shadow) source, it helps increasing the dramatic sense of the scene. Makes it more appealing.

Another thing I'd add is some trees and shrubs. Here in Brasil people like to hide the horizon and the rest of the neighborhoods with trees (that might be far from the real site, but gives a nice effect). Here's one example:

hotelOdebrecht.jpg

This is a hotel. Of course, there are fewer trees on the real site, but they helped a lot to close the surroundings.

The rest of the surroundings will follow, one additional building, a lot of extra cars, some trees, people, all with a motion blur to create a more dynamic picture. And you are right, I need to boost the Key-light more.

ONLY ONE THING TO SAY: WAIT FOR THE FINALS!!

;)

• 2 weeks later...

well.... you've read my question about rendering single images over the network.. i still got the same problem. i'll try with the blowup render, allthough i tried the region allready and that didn't work.