Forum Upgrades

Jeff Mottle

• Administrators

Some of you will notice a number of forum changes today after a 4 hour long upgrade. Over the next few days I'll be posting more information about the changes as we test and review the new features ourselves, but the first new feature I wanted to bring attention to is our new Posting Robot.

Right now as soon as new Industry news is added to the home page and news section a thread will be started in the CGA News forum. This will enable members to comment on the news without having to start a new thread or having multiple threads started.

We will soon be doing this with all gallery images. If your images if accepted into the CGA main gallery, it will also be posted on the forums for comment.

Stay Tuned for more...

We will soon be doing this with all gallery images. If your images if accepted into the CGA main gallery, it will also be posted on the forums for comment.

Wont this flood the forum with alot of threads or do you mean only forum members whose images are posted in the CGA gallery will be posted at the forum ?

• Administrators
Jeff

After posting that reply, I didn't see the thread listed in 'today's posts' anymore. I waited for a few minutes but it never showed up. I had to go find the topic to post this.

For some reason if you are logged in the "Today's Posts" was defaulting to "Get New". I've edited the template so it worked as it used to.

• Administrators

To the Bottom right of every post you will now notice a quote button with a plus sign. This button allows you to quote multiple posts when you reply. To use it, simply press that button on the posts you want to quote in a reply and then press the "Post Reply" button to the bottom left.

ja, cool updates. thanx Jeff :D

this might be a dumb question but I haven't been here that often lately,

in the bottom left corner of each post there are 4 icons

- digg this post!

- add post to del.icio.us

- bookmark post in technorati &

- furl this post!

just want to know what each of them actually does before i do something i don't know. :confused:

were there a thread on these that i can read?

• Administrators