Help with Vray Proxies back to Max !!

valenzulu

Hello EveryOne

I´m about to start the render of a heavy scene involving highways, traffic, malls , people and a set of houses.

I´m relatively new to the use of Vray proxies, and admit that I used them too enthusiastically, to handle geometry trees, raillings and al sorts of high polygon objects, to be able to render the animation within 1 GB ram

When started the final renders, even with the Irradiance map precalculated, my times grew up to 14 minutes per frame.

If I not kill myself, my clients sure will, because the deadline is on the horizon, and I must render 3000 frames

I Guess, that if I buy more ram, and I Convert all those Vray proxies back to max geometry, and they fit entirely on ram, the animation will render with an average time of 3,5 minutes per frame, as I did in earlier tests without all the proxies.

Of course , I have standard geometry of all that proxies, but who wants to carefully distribute 120 moving cars, 100 houses, 200 trees and 10 complex railings again :-) ??

SO....

I Cannot find in all the world, that script that can convert Vray mehes back to max

When I downloaded the one at Vary forums, it contained just a .gup (???) file that doesn´t works...)

Does any of You know something about How to Convert Vray Meshes to max or that mentioned script I cannot Find.

Hoping to be alive and post again

1000 Thanks and many more thanks

First of all I'm suprized all that geometry rendered at all, esspecially in 3.5 minutes with GI, are you absolutley positive that everything was in the scene when you tested this ??

my suggestion would be to network render it, with 3 or 4 more computers, thereby cutting your 14 min back down to 4 min...

Dear Manta

Thanks For Replying fast

Believe It or not rendered pretty fast on a Mac Book Pro running in bootcamp.

The very heavy objects are the trees (onyx vray proxies) and the number of low res cars.

also I had about 100 houses instanced as proxies , wich render fast also

Remember that the 3,5 minutes are average and of course they tend to be higher when the camera sees all the context and objects, and lower when it focuses on a smaller non cluttered area.

Obsiously, the settings are not thoose suitable for a national geographic cover, and not the best antialiaising, but good enough to give a daylight feeling.

Also I don´t care about a little noise caused by 0.03 noise threshold param. For me it resembles grainy film.

About Your suggestion, the problem is that , at the architect´s office there´s only one P4 computer , plus my Macbook pro, so it´s kind of a near 3º world struggling render farm :-). Is all I have at the moment.

All I need to know if someone has got that script mentioned in some threads on the net, wich I cannot find, that could help to return the scene to an "umproxied" state to fit in ram and, all happy.

Any way, thanks for Your Help