Microstation Camera/Saved View

Chris Lee

Hi,

Its great to find a forum focused on MS and Max! Hopefully this will turn into something really good and useful.

Anyway, as the title suggested, I am having problems getting Microstation Cameras/Saved Views into Max. I've read through the other thread in this forum and tried the animated camera method, but it didn't work for me. The Cameras I created in MS alway point at somewhere completely different. Is this because of the 1/2/3 points perspectives? I am using the latest builds of Microstation/TriForma, and Max SP3.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! :)

Hi Justin,

Thanks for that.. I've already tried that plus all that was mentioned in the other thread.

I am trying to insert a project into an aerial photo, and I have no known object heights, which Max wants to know about. MS however let me just pick points in the 2D plan, and reference them to the photo. I am just wondering whether its the version of the software, or am I just not ticking some boxes somewhere.. Already tried latest XM as well as Max 9..... Oh well, just to spend the extra 15 minutes to setup the Max camera I suppose.. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in getting back,

Max has a camera match utility, but I must admit it sucks, you are better off doing it by eye. Also dont forget about the camera correction modifier to get 2 point perspective ala MS.

It is also important to set your render size to match the backround image that you are matching. otherwise it wont line up.

JHV

Doing a Photo-Match is really the ONLY time I would recommend bringing in a camera from MS. The Photo-Match tool in V8-2004 and XM is very good so I usually go ahead and use it to create my camera. Then as Justin said, when linking in the DWG you can tell it to bring in your camera.

In all other cases I would recommend the MAX cameras (or Physical camera if you use Vray).