1.47.03 Distributed Rendering / Irradiance Maps?

devres

I'm in need of serious help here. We are running architectural renders that run from 200 to 2000 frames. I've run a rather intensive set of tests on various settings and am happy with using IR for primary and QMC as secondary.

Thus far we have run the IR map calculation "multiframe incremental" on a single machine at every 50th to 100th frame with NO problems. We then send it to our render farm for final rendering. Once again, no real problems.

So today I started playing with Distributed Rendering from within Vray. Can anyone explain what is actually going on. It "SEEMS" as if though when set to "single frame" for the IR map that only one computer is actually calculating the IR map. I say this because the buckets from the render nodes render pass 3 and 4 first, while the local machine 0.0.0.0 hanges on it's first two buckets, but shows rendering of pass 1 and 2. THEN finally after a rather long hang time the two local buckets finish (the node buckets finished long ago and disappeared) and then lastly all the other nodes kick in to render the final image. So it doesn't really seem to speed things up because only one computer seems to calculate the IR map. Is my thinking correct? Is there anyway to calculate a multiframe incremental IR map faster using DR?

ANY INFO is greatly appreciated. Mr. Nichols, if you are out there can you shed some light on the subject? I've just recently watched both GNOMON DVD's and there really isn't anything that pertains to this situation.

Thanks again for your time.

Attached is a sample frame (I know there are some other problems here, but right now we need to get out rendering pipeline figured out)