Minority report like interface!

One of those sections on the site gives the names.

It's really not nearly as cool as Minority Report (which we can do with today's technology, and could at least as long ago as 1999, except that the actual screens would be hard to make and you wouldn't need to wear a special glove). When I was an undergrad I did R&D in the field for a while, and we had stuff much more interesting. My favorite was a system involving a video camera and some VGA eyeglasses (the first version, before we had VGA glasses, involved a ridiculous huge HMD) and a pool table. The system would overlay a teaching aid on the user's view of the pool table to show him (in 3D graphics on the actua table) what his shots were. (That's not a commercial product.)

To those who said they don't think its that hot > I think you’re all just in denial, and I don't mean the river in Egypt.

I think it is a very cool tool that one can use for any kind of purpose. I won’t either worry about the shadow from the overhead projection.

Yes it's just an overhead with a pen that is been tracked on a table, but that’s cool, finally somebody is actually doing something with technology and bringing it to us. And I am glad this is happening because it means more and more technological advances will happen. Maybe the next step will be a see through plasma touch screen?? who knows

and thats my 2 cents

p.s. it think it might be fun modeling in max with a tool like this, throwing vertexes around and all :D