Black Blotches in Water Reflection

alias_marks

Alright guys, I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out what's going on here. This if for a Lighthouse project I'm working on for a competition over at VizDepot.

I'm getting these terrible reflections off my water material as you can see below. I've tried to up my AA settings, Resolution, Material Tweaking, Upping reflection samples, Direct Lights, with no luck. I'm using a Vray Sun and Environment with GI. See my settings below.

001-2.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

006.jpg

Any insight would be appreciated. Ever seen anything like this before? I hope you never have to. haha.

Thanks for taking a look and helping out.

Michael

Alright, Thanks for the help so far:rolleyes: It's been helpful.

So I've checked the "invisible" checkbox (results below), however, now I'm getting no reflections off of my water from the sun (which was the effect I was going for). You know, that nice reflection off the water that trails off to the sun at sunset.

001-3.jpg

Any ideas on how to get this done? I've tried lining up a spotlight with my Vray Sun, however since my water is a Vray plane the spot only casts light starting at about half way (like the image below)

072.jpg

Thanks for the help so far, Take Care

Michael

Because of the very high values of the sun, using a shapening filter can cause slight floating point errors in the image and cause negative values (colors) around the edge of where the sun is. Catmull is the worse ofender of this. Switching to a bluring AA filter such as Soften (which is a gaussian) or Vray Laczos (I think that is what it is called), will solve these issues.