Environment shadows_ translucent why

kent

I guys i need some help here, as you can see i am getting some unwanted reflections on the house and the whole thing is sort of translucent as you can see from the main left hand side window, does anyone have any idea what is causing this, i am only using an environment map not in the v ray slot though thanks kent

I don't think those are shadows, I think they are reflections of your background map. Is the material on the building partially reflective?

turn off your background map and see if they are still there. You probably will want to try a spherical or cylindrical mapping for your background instead of having it set to screen. As well as possibly adjusting your exterior materials.

o k thank you for the tips so far so good yes the windows are reflecting the map and i did not have the environment override checked in the vray render, BUT now when i change the map to either cylindrical or spherical the background is all too big and not representing it correctly, what is causing this thanks kent

Hi Kent,

What you need to do is set up some planes with teh treeline texture (plus opacity map) on them around teh house so they can be reflected properly and at a better res than teh stretched image you are currenyl using. Make the planes invisible to camrea and shadows and move them around till you egt it looking good.

also make the environment overide a hrdi or a highish light blue multiplier 1.8ish (depending on colour mapping settings) to get some stron sky reflections.

Hey nh funny you know i have used the same method in another shot (see attached) but for some reason only known to the selesct few it won't work this time, any way did what you suggested and no problems now, thanks from an ex Mornington peninsular boy