issue with AutoCAD drawings in 3ds Max 9

andstef

hello

I seem to have a problem with 3d max. After importing a 2d drawing from autocad, 3d max slows down a lot when I try to draw a spline over the drawing imported from autocad ( as if I had a bilion faces model loaded). This didn't seem to happen in the earlier versions of 3d max. How can I fix this. My configuration:

intel P4 3.2 Ghz HT , 1GB RAM , Nvidia 6600 128Mb graphic card.

Please help, it's critical.

thank you in advance

well make sure you have the correct video drivers and the correct selection made (Preferences>Viewport). test which is faster, open gl, software, or direct 3D (probably open gl if nvidia). beyond that, the only logical reason is something imported that you dont realize. does it do it with 1 line...10 lines...1000 lines etc?

I sometimes get the same when bringing models over from Sketch Up.

First thing I do is select everything, apply 'edit poly' modifier, go to vertex level, select all vertices and press 'weld'. This will bring down the vertex count and also smooth your faces.

And like Brian said, check your drivers, I used to love my OpenGL, but I must say that Max9 was made more for Direct3D than OpenGL, so I switched to Direct3D.

I didnt want to at first because I hate those irritating diagonal line through each polygon, but I figured out you can switch them off :)

• 9 months later...