Need help in vray to sharpen interior image

Guest sachinwalvekar

Guest sachinwalvekar

hi,

I am using 3dsmax8 & vray 1.5 rc2 for the interior living & finding parts of the render getting blur. Would like suggestions to sharpen the image. I have kept the present to medium & tried custom changing setting which affect sharpness (nrm thresh : 0.1). My settings for vray are :

primary : irradiance map

sec : light cache

irradiance map settings:

currrent present : Medium

hsph subdivs: 50

interp samples : 20

nrm thresh : 0.1

Detail enhancement: on

scale : screen

radius : 60

sub divs mult 0.3

Light cache settings:

subdivs: 50

sample size : 0.02

Please let me know if there any settings that I need to change to get sharper images.

Your comments & critique for the image is welcome.

Thanks

sachin.

First you need to change the irradience map settings to high and see if that does the trick before customising the medium settings.

The curtain colour bleeding is correct, however you can use the Vray Override material to get rid of it.

Lastly there should be some shadow cast from the table even though is is glass.

with the IR map settings you have, this is totally an AA issue...i'm guessing that your using the deffault Adapt Subdiv with the default -1,2 values...that's not going to do it here. Try QMC 2,5...and work up from there.

Detail enhancement will do nothing for you if you don't have AA set right. I would get rid of it and use as a last resort...it can really, really, add rendering time. It will also do nothing if you dont have enough IR Map samples (which is not a problem here)

As Erick stated, your light cache is really low (though that has zero to do with your problem)....a subdivs value of 1000 shouldnt take long at all with this kind of scene

You can tone down that color bleeding by right clicking > VRay properties, and changing the Generate GI from 1.0 to something smaller, like 0.5

BTW...what kind of camera are you using and what kind of settings...the image looks a little distorted.

Guest sachinwalvekar

hi,

Thanks Brian smith, ericdt, manta, Trevor Tizard for your suggestions. I highly appriciate time u spent in answering.

I have started experimenting with suggested settings & there has been marked improvement, but have yet to master it. The roof part shows noise.

Here is the latest rendering with light cache set to 500. I was just trying to keep render time less by having a lower light cache.

BTW...what kind of camera are you using and what kind of settings...the image looks a little distorted.

I have used 3d studio camera with 15 mm lens. This was to match the clients required view angle. Attached is the clients view along with the current.

Thanks all of u for your timely help.

regards,

sachin.

• 2 months later...

where and what is the light source in the scene?

to me it looks like its coming from camera direction. the lamps in your scene need to add light to scene to make it look more interesting. unless its a day scene you want to make and lamps are off, in that case there should be a light source behind the windows and the ceiling and floor should be illuminated near the windows.

good work so far, the hard part is over only a little tweaking with light is required.

good luck mate.

• 1 year later...

Hello

To get rid from colour bleeding you have to set saturation value from irridiance map settings. Default value is 1.0 try to make 0.3 or something like this.

Another and most recomended solution is that instead of using only VRay material try to use Vray Override material. set override material to pure white and get clean image with real colours.