UV ink compatibility

Rconce01

Hi does anyone know of an ink that might be available for the hp 4000 printer that is uv resistant. All the renderings we have printed seem to fade after 1yr or so of exposure to fluorescent lighting or if they are near a window. I know the hp 5000 plotter supports uv inks but I have not found anything for the 4000 all thay have is UV outdoor paper, but I fell that might not be enough if you don’t use uv ink on it.

thanks

• 1 month later...

I realize that this may be a few months too late, but you could always go another route. Rather than trying to change your inks you could either use a UV protective spray coating or even try a UV over laminate. I know some people don't want their prints to be shiny from the use of a gloss over laminate, but they also come in a luster or matte finish as well.

-Dave

Yeap that’s what we did we went with a clear epoxy type finish uv coating. The colors of the uv printer were so bad we returned it. HP claims prints are inherently darker and duller when printed on an uv printer. We are printing on canvas so laminating isn’t a good option

thanks