Area Site Plan of Community

Thanks for crits :ebiggrin:

Che,

the software I'm using is 3D Studio Viz 4. and Photoshop 5.5 for lanscaping. Specs are Pent IV, 1.4 Ghz processor, 1 Gig RAM. Image size is 3000 x 2400 rendered in 8 hrs. with 85% Radiosity solution with 15 in the rendering iteration section. 1-1/2 hours to calculate radiosity. Any more specs I can supply you with? I hope this is what you are looking for.

Alex Ryan Rubio,

I could use more contrast, but I really tried (but I guess not hard enough) to create atmosphere so image didn't look as sharp as Che was suggestioning it looked, which I totally agree. For the contrast I think there is plenty. As far as clutter, the client didn't request it and with the budget I had for this job there is no time for clutter. There is Radiosity used in the image. It might be the sun position that doesn't convey it all that well.

Dibbers,

Any suggestions on applying a stucco material on a house and making it look good on this size of a project? It has a material on it but it is so small it is hard to see it from afar. What other materials are you suggesting I work on? The client wanted dark shingles. Very dark trim, natural wood siding and stucco in three different shades. Or are you talking about everything else? Suggestions would be great.

Hi, I think the pic is nice enough. It get's the point across. I don't think it integrates well into the background but that has to do with the "clean" look and lack of a place of integration... if that makes any sense.

As far as a crit, I think maybe if you did something with the roof shingles it could change the whole image. Right now there is no depth to them. Maybe do a quick displacment map for time's sake. Or start with a whole new texture for them. One that is not so dark and a bit more realistic. However, the point is there isn't any depth and that would have a huge impact on the overall picture.

Hope that helps a little...

Nate

Neight,

Thanks. I will definitley try the displacement map idea when I get a little more time on my hands. I have several jobs going on at one time, I don't know when I'll be able to get back to it. I would love to work on it some more. With displacement maps, do I use the same map I used for the shingles or are you saying to use a different type of map to give variety the roofs. Changing the sunlight direction might help make the roofs pop a little better. And like you said maybe try diffrent shingle maps to give variety as well. Also I think I need to work on the atmospheric effects and maybe some depth of field parameters to get the model to fit into the invironment a little better.

You would have to use a different map for the displacement map. Something like a simple linear gradient from white to black. Right now your texture is too "busy" so it seems painted on the roofs. Thus there is no depth.

Just so you know, using a displacment map will require many more polygons so the render time is going to be much higher so you might want to give it a try between projects. Basically what I would do is use the displacement map to quickly "model" all the linear rows of shingles. Then my material would be a texture of just a simple shingle but no edges, just the gritty stuff. Then I would have a bump map to compliment that texture but also have some lines to create the seperate shingles horizontally. Does all of that make sense?

Then maybe changing the angle of the sun to bring out all of that nice work you've just done. Have fun with it!