Vray rendering freezes on render farm

Bullet

I am working on a project for a client that uses ADT (Architectural Dest Top) and we file link them to 3d max. The textures and lighting are applied in max and everything is rendered out with vray.

The problem is that the space is an interior space, 3 floors open to a lobby area. We are required to light the lobby as well as anything else we see from the 2nd and 3rd floor. There are 8 lights in the space as well as one direct light for sun and the vray environment light is turned on. We're using RPC people and vray proxy objects for trees and plants. The renderings have to be at least 2550x1379 pixels in size because we plot out the images on 24"x36" sheets for out clients. Also i'm using IR Maps (set at medium) and QMC for secondary bounce (16 subdivisions and 3 secondary bounces) because Light Cache causes banding for this particular job.

When i send the job over backburner and it starts rendering, sometimes it'll stop rendering with one strip left to go or it'll take about 10hours to render if it chooses to finish.

I've already tried to take out all the RPC's, Vray Proxies, Glass that we don't need as well as all reflections from objects and furniture. Bascially it's just the Architectural model itself with lights and I still can't get the render times down or get it to finish rendering. It seems to work sometimes and not others when choosing which image to render.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I can't send out images or the file due to client confidentiality. But if you need more info about the file just ask.

Thanks,

Bullet

They have used objects from the tool pallets in ADT but we found that the problem was them importing a SketchUp model into the ADT model and then we referenced the ADT model into max. After removing the incriminating SketchUp model from ADT it finally renders.

Thanks for the quick response Kippu!