WIP - Shadow Study... but need help.

mzagorski

OK Guys.. Im using Max 5 to render my little daylight study... BUT... as you can see from the render.. the quality is pretty crap. Anti-Aliasing is bad etc... and the edges of my buildings look wierd.

filepush.asp?file=ECAC-SITE---MARCH-22---2003.jpg

Can someone take a look at my Max 5 file and see if they can make it nicer - or point out any problems...

Here's a URL for the Max 5 file.

http://www.industrialight.com/CGA/ECAC SITE - MARCH 22 - 2003.zip

hi mike, ;)

i did take a look to your site and i found a better image than one you posted here...it seems you improved your skills on max lighting.

anyway....i checked your file and i came to this:

filepush.asp?file=A_1.jpg

i rescaled the model to meters, cause its better for me to work on it... i found your edges issue was refered to 'ray bias' (dont turn it in very small value)....

mail me if you want to, ... so we can discuss some rad parameters.

best to you,

nuno

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Been away for a day or two so not been at my PC to check the forums til now.

That link is odd... some problem with my ISP.. website links dont all work and not had any incoming mail for 3 days.. Someone needs their ass kicked.

Anyways.. Nuno, I'll e-mail you to discuss rad. params.

Yes, the other render on my site was done in Brazil... but, I found that the edges of some objects were messy and even after getting help on the Splutterfish forum, I wasn't able to improve the image quality to a standard I was happy with. Also, I was only using Public version of Brazil and wasn't able to make an animated sun system... which is important for my study.

Thanks