does Blender better than 3DMax??

einstain

i didnt understand?:confused:

I meant that comparing two softwares is a very hard thing to do and normally leads nowhere. As Andrew asked, what are you comparing? Speed? Rendering capabilities? Learning curve? Price? Simply asking which one is better is really not the best question you can make.

Well put GI Dude.

I used Blender for a few years, but eventually switched to Max purely coz it gets things done quicker, especially architectural stuff.

When it comes to modelling organic objects then I still use blender, I fiind that its polygon modelling is more more responsive, quicker and has more powerfull smoothing tools. But then I jump back to Max to texture it.

I think that Blender is moving in the right direction though, I see in the last 2 versions they introduced the modifier stack, oh and we all love our modifier stack, dont we?

I just still find that in Blender there are too many things that you have to work around to always get the result you want, where as in max there would be a button or a tool that can do it in half the time, again this statement is made with archviz in mind.

Cheers.

P.s. I love both, I aint a hater - Peace