Rendering Black at Hi Resolution

JamesTaylor

I trying to render an image out that will be used for comping into a photomontage, as an aerial view.

Having set everything up, matched camera and lighting etc. i've come to render the image at full res... 4843 x 3425 (size of image to comped into)... for some reason tho the image renders completely black, it goes thro the render process, the buckets slow down where there is greater complexity to calculate etc. etc. and no errors are thrown up or crashes occur??

When i drop the resolution to 2650 x 1875 everything renders fine, if i go above that resolution it just renders black again?? Usually when i've tried to render things out at Hi res, its caused by running out of RAM but then max crashes completely??

Has anyone else come across this? Anyone got any suggestions?

James

Well I am not a super master blaster of Vray :D ,

But what I would do is try to render in regions then piece it in photoshop.

Split your render on 4 regions and try to render it.

Hope this helps, let us know how it comes out.

Cheers !

Andrew,

i've tried rendering a small region, setting the pull down menu to the right of the render dialog button to region, of the image (the actually geometry to be rendered only makes 20% or less of the image size since its getting comped into an aerial photo) but i still have the same problem??

Is there away to actually crop the render size down without affecting the output size of the geometry to be rendered??

i.e at 4843 x 3425 the geometry will occupy a render area of 1000 x 500 or roughly 20% x 15%... if i reduce the full size to 2650 x 1875 the geometry will still represent 20% x 15% of the resolution but it will result in lower resolution output of approx 500 x 250 and if i use the region render setting i still have a problem?

actually thinking about it i can render images at 3000x2250 in which the render is 95% geometry with no problems... what makes this different?

James