Glass reflection

snave7

Hello cgfriends,

This is a commercial image that I'm changing color and some modifications. The client ask me to put bronze glass .. and I want to knw if someone can suggest some tips for making a gud reflective glass.... here an attachment of a test render.

alfienoakes - I'm using Lightwave 8.0, rendering with Monte Carlo radiosity using Fprime. some post work will be done in Photoshop.

Strat - I think u r right I must reduce the opacity of it.. shud I put a plane behind.. bcoz I've not modeled the interior ?? Check on Finished work I've posted a previous version of Peninsula building .

Thanks for Help ! vbmenu_register("postmenu_154029", true);

What I do when I don't have the time to model a detailed interior for an exterior view (I rarely do have the time) I mak a solid wall like 10 feet or like 2 meters back from the window. stretch that wall all the way up the building. have 1 or 2 walls perpendicuar so there are just like 3-4 total walls going up the entire building, then add the floor/ceilings at each level. Then make some flat rectangles with a self-illuminated material on them so from far away they look like flourescent light panels. Space them with a few on each level. Now when you look up the building, you will see at least something through the glass. And as Stephen said, use an environment for the reflection. Getting your glass to look right is always a combined effort to get the opacity/refraction right and the reflection right.

• 2 weeks later...

Good glass in LightWave is generally achieved with a combination of a gradient to give some fresnel effect to the reflection (or use the fresnel shaders if not using FPrime) and a good reflection environment map.

Take specularity down to 0% and diffuse to below 10%.

The interior isn't too important if the reflection works well and you're not too close up.