ArchShader help

Michael Emo

Hi All :)

I bought archshaders from Evermotion and they are sweet looking but I'm not sure how to use them. Is a shader the same as 'material'? I'm confused after reading up on things.

Also, how do you use these things? Tutorial links perhaps? I apologize if this is a repeat question but I need your help on rendering these materials. I'm not sure how to go about the best way.

I have a huge building and need to do panoramic rendering about 36" wide. I have the building almost completely modeled and these are the materials I have to use (see attached).

3 main materials here. The roofing material is basic shingles. The brick is.....well brick veneer. And then there is basic stucco. I looked and archshaders shows very similar materials which is super cool.

Using VRay of course. Any help, suggestions, good tutorial links would be greatly appreciated. Super tight deadline on this beast of a project but it's turning out great so far and I want to keep it going that direction.

Thanks,

Michael

You can select the shaders by going to the Material Editor dropdown, click to get a new material, and then select mtl library and open from the side panel. This will bring you to the matlibs folder in the Autodesk directory and then choose Archshader. Double click to open and choose the material that you want. You may have to add a bump map to the material, but you should be good to go. Respond if you can't get it.

What else do you need help with as far a Vray settings or rendering go? I'm by no means an expert, but it never hurts to ask ;)

Thanks Jophus14! I appreciate the help. So archshaders are in essence just materials. All this terminology throws me sometimes.

Ok, so I tried it and it worked great!

I do need help on basic settings. It seems every tutorial has slightly different settings for vray rendering. I have a single direct target light. Some tutorials use that (if you have HDRI) and others say to delete all lights in the scene.

Should I post my VRay settings so you can check them out?

Image Sampler is Adaptive QMC

Antialisasing is Mitchell-Netravali

GI Engine: Irradianc map (Primary)

GI Engine: Quasi-Monte Carlo (Secondary)

Skylight turned on.

I'm rendering but it doesn't seem to have that pop. But I will apply materials and see where it goes and report back, now that I know how to use some nice archshaders :)

Thanks,

Michael

It all depends on the scene to be honest. I like doing interiors rather then exteriors because I feel that I can fake the lighting a little more. I usually use a direct light along with my skylight (Vray Environment) turned on for exteriors. You can also try using a Vray Sun with a Vray Sky is you are using version 1.5. Post your image and your settings and I'm sure people will be happy to help you out.

• 1 year later...

Hello There, I have bought archshaders vol 1 i have installed it and opened it throught material editor when i open one shader the bump map slot has a jpg file in it but i cant locate it, were is the bump maps located? is there included or i have to make my own?

Thanks in advance.