Vray photonmap with photometric lights

Gander0

nice image. imo some of the blacks could be darker. i can't find a true black, except maybe the window sill.

to get rid of the floating feel, grab the table and chairs and drop them slightly below the surface of the carpet. 1/8" should work. this will cause the radiosity solution to create a true line. sometimes when surfaces touch, but do not cross, a true line is not created, and the shadow does not calculate right.

[ February 23, 2004, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: crazy homeless guy ]

Cheers Guys

Been trying to sort things out a bit though am finding it hard to get rid of the floating, got rid of the Photometric lights and buried the chairs in the floor, though it still seems a problem. Also how do i make the black darker, shadow density?

Many Thanks

Jan

actually, i just learned something new today....

shane griffith was in from discreet, and i was asking him about radiosity solutions. here is what i learned about that...

burying the chairs in the floor probably will not help. if you are using max radiosity it would, but not vray. max radiosity solution is a vertex solution, meaning that polygons are created to divide the geometry, and the polygons are created in respect to surfaces that cross to create vertex's ect.. ect... vray, and mental ray use a pixel based radiosity solution. each pixel is analyzed, so whether a face crosses or not does not come into play.

If your using vray you should elevate the chairs off the carpet a small amount so that that radiosity can create a shadow under the legs if they are not beveled.

If you are using displacement on the carpet, you have to take the height of your displacement into account as well.

Tony

Thanks for the info crazy homeless guy, the chairs are from the Herman Miller site, though I would probably have to find some that are cheaper in real value than these ones for this particular poroject. Though free models are always nice!

Lost the photometric lights, yeah. Gonna try again with them today though for the sake of practise

nangkri thanks will give it a go!

Tony, only a bump on the carpet at the mo, hadn't thought about the displacement, good plan! Will definately give it a try.

Many thanks, will post updates!

Jan

Haha sorry CVC misunderstood what you where getting at. Have been plugging at it again and my results and settings are below.

Any help would be much appreciated as im far from happy with it.

http://www.cgarchitect.com/forum/filepush.asp?file=tst03.jpg

settings:

http://www.cgarchitect.com/forum/filepush.asp?file=settings_conf.jpg

http://www.cgarchitect.com/forum/filepush.asp?file=settings_conf01.jpg

Thanks

Jan

:D thx Gander0 and sorry for my lastpost hihi , because we can to share settings together, settings above are too enough, I think you studied a lot of Natty from Chaotic because his settings for interior scene like yours. He is very well . :) i will post my image in next topic , your C&C are welcome :)