Slow Rendering Via Backburner...???

JamesTaylor

If i render my scene by opening the file locally on a machine and hit render i get a render time of between 5 and 10 minutes depending upon which machine i use (inc. calcualting Irr Map)...

However, i have left an animation to render over the weekend, sending it through backburner and using the server etc. on each machine and i'm getting render times ranging from 1hr 15min upto 7hrs?????? This is with having already precalculated Irridance Maps.?

Has anyone else had the issue before, if so what solved it... if not, does anyone have any ideas they'd like to throw into the ring as to why this has happened and how to correct it??

James,

Do all the machines have access to that IR map file..? Is it loading the map file from a network location to each node..?

Maybe try loading it onto each node separately and see how that works.. Although you say you have tried it locally and it slows it up..:confused:

Obviously, if its pre-calced, it should be faster...

Hmm.. Im now just thinking out loud and whaffling......

Thanks for the thoughts Andy... its looking as if it was caused by a corrupt or broken Irridance map file.

I'm currently re-rendering the map in question and have tested a couple of frames early on... hopefully when its complete everything will be ok again.

I'll post the outcome when i'm happy its working and not tempting fate to much!!