Overwrite Error Causing Backburner Files??

JamesTaylor

I sent 16 jobs to backburner, all from the same animation, only to find that i'd left a old xref link in the file which couldn't be found and as such threw up errors in backburner.

So, once i corrected the error in the original scene file, i ended up having go through the whole process of resending the jobs to backburner...

i was wondering if its possible to simple overwrite the scene file that backburner is referencing, i know that backburner stores info regarding jobs in its install directory on both the Manager Machine and the Server Machines but which files would need replacing... the ones on the manager or the ones on servers, if its possible at all??

When time permits and if no one has the answer to this i'll see if i can test out and post the results.

Cheers

Funny that you mention it but I was going to do the same thing yesterday but realized that to accomplish it I would have to go around to every server computer and replace the 'compiled' file that Backburner creates.

The way that I understand that it works is that backburner drops the file on each server computer. Each server computer then launches viz to do the render then dumps the image that is produced back in a central locations.

I figured as much myself... since non of the C-Drives on the slave machines are mapped i simply couldn't be arsed setting it all up and opted for just resending them. Equally i was aware that i may be wrong in my thoughts also!!!

I think mapping the all the drives to the main server would make it easy to recompile one backburner created file and them just drop them around the networked drives... it would have saved me resending 16 jobs and going throught the labourious task of setting the render dialog box each time and also the network render dialog box.... god that gets boring!!!!

cheers tcupp... i'll still post an answer when i find time to test it properly