+1 License

Devin Johnston

For anyone who hasn't yet received their plus one license please take a look at this.

From NL:

For those of you who got the plus one license, this means you now own two licenses, which will be trasferred to eight licenses, valid per machine (so eight machines) regardless of number of cores. If you have not yet taken advantage of the plus one offer, I would advise you to do so even if you don't plan to get more machines at the moment. You only qualify for the plus one offer if you purchased Maxwell Render before April 7, 2006

How would we know if our license file is updated?

Only reason I knew in my case is because I tried to render on an 8 core machine and it gave me this message in the console:

"Insuficient Licences To Run Maxwell on this machine at full performance."

If you run Studio, the intro screen should have a line about "number of licenses". In my case, it says 2 (I got a plusone license a while back) and it should be 2 for most people here, I would think. If you got a plusone license and it still says 1, try looking at your email backlog for the license file and replacing it in your Maxwell directory, and if that doesn't work, contact NL.