type-in spinner precision

ITryMyBest

I was wondering if anyone else has had the problem I have had since Max4. I type in a value of, for example, 5 feet (5') in my UVW map and Max changes it to 4'11-15/16". If I type in 60", Max still changes it to 4'11-15/16". Basically, every now and then, max likes to round values down. Just to be clear, this happens on values other than 5 feet.

I have even tried typing in the values with decimal points 5'0.000000000" and you guessed it Max rounds down to 4'11-15/16".

This has been a constant annoyance from Max4 up to Max9. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

i have noticed it before and realized that max ain't realy changing the value, just the way it is displayed in the input box, now i am not familiar with the inches system but for example say you create a box of 5,5555555 units high, it will display 5,5, if you create one with 5, 4444444, it will display 5,5 , and then you can go and check in the vieport if they are actually the same height(zoom waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy in), their not.

max is really accurate with units and i wont be worried when it rounds the numbers of, its just they way it is displayed. you can actually copy the rounded number and past it into another input box and it will be the same as the one you typed in yourself