Crop Box when I go to Render?

Eric

Hello all! I've been experimenting with using Net Rendering/Region Net Rendering. Since I started using Region Net Rendering, I've been getting a crop box that shows up when I click the render button. I have no current jobs setup, and Net Render is not checked in my Render Scene dialog, so I'm not sure why I'm getting the Crop box with the little OK button in the bottom right corner.

Any ideas how to get rid of the crop box, or why it's popping up?

Cool! Looking nice. Out of curiosity, how many hours do you have wrapped up in something like that. I'm normally only "given" about 30 hours start to finish on any one rendering, interior or exterior. Exteriors, that's okay. Interior, it's never enough.

Well many many many hours.... about 120 or more.

But a little explanation on why so many hours:

- The Autocad drawings where made by amateurs.

- I had to work with a nosy architect who wanted to steer the design while I was doing this 3d, not a problem if that was the deal before hand. (I'm btw an inhouse ARCH-VIZ)

- It has to be "very" detailed

- The design itself is pretty complicated

- Two levels of the building had to be interiorized

- Still need to render some animations.

- Still need to create more geometry.

Well thats it..

I hear ya'.

I'm almost never given anywhere near that many hours. I'm also the resident CAD/VIZ guy. There are two of us here in-house, but I'm the only one that knows VIZ. I hope to keep it that way.

I'd love to have 3-4 weeks to work on one project, but unfortunately the architects selling our services never allow for more than about $1,000 per rendering for an exterior, and about $500 for an interior. Don't know about you, but I'm nowhere near fast enough to crank out an interior for $500. For a decent profit, that's only 20 hours, and I usually have to model chairs to match what the client wants.

Guess our work is never done! ...not that I'm complaining.

Eric