Big Backburner Problems

Devin Johnston

I was just contacted by my Max reseller because he has had several complaints from customers of his of some big problems with backburner. He said that when submitting several jobs at a time backburner will skip over and sometimes not render jobs that are in the monitor, it will also sometimes not render frames in an animation job. I have personally had problems when I submit a job to use all render nodes it will only render with nodes that are online at the time the job is submitted. If any nodes come online after the job has been sent no matter what I do backburner won't include them in that job. I also have problems with the monitor not refreshing as nodes come online and offline, I usually have to minimize and then maximize it in order to see the changes.

Does anyone else have these or other problems?

I thought 2.3 was the newest version, where do you get 3?

Devin, don't you use max? When you install max 8 you get Backburner 3. I think BB 2.3 was from max 7. There's actually an upgrade to BB 3 which will take it to version 3.0.2, it has a worthy bug fix. Mikes link will take you to it.

I had problems at the beggining, but more in the area of configuration and network settings. The newer version works well, the only part I have seen not working well, is the email portion, it will send emails locally, but if you send them out, it will not work.