Sources for Plants, Trees, People, and Cars

Eric

Can anyone tell me some good recommendations for sources for Plants, Trees, People, and Vehicles to use in my renderings? I know RPC is a good possibility, but our company is small, and we can't afford to shell out a bunch of money for their libraries.

Frankly, I'm shocked that VIZ hasn't incorporated its own built in libraries yet. I hate having to purchase plugins just to be able to complete my renderings.

yeah, it would be nice if viz had it's own librarys, but then before long we'd all be using them to death. (prolly why they're not included).

I pressume it's 2d images you're looking for? the best place, and im sure you've been told this a million times before, is to go out with your digi camera and take your own. i've got a library of ppl, cars, trees/folliage or literally hundreds of piccys. And because i took them myself and not downloaded them they're all unique and individual to me.

You will find the odd few scattered around the web, but nothing definitive. and most ppl will have discovered them previously.

For 3d? then just do the usual model dump searches - ie, 3dcafe etc.

RPC - we're a poor firm and dont buy expensive rpc librarys, but try downloading the demo and using them, they're a fair few there to keep you happy :)

Hi Eric,

Viz4 does have a few trees delivered with the software.

For people: Follow strat's advice ;)

If you don't have a digicam or the time, check out adrian's links on http://www.cgarchitect.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=000019

Cars&Additional objects: I'd recommend 'nsight onsite' http://www.nsight3d.com/onsite1.htm for cheap but good basic models

rgds

nisus