Help improving exterior scene

drvox

Hi all,

Here is attached the result of an exterior scene Im working on. I'm using Vraysun and vrayphysicalcamera. I set up everything like is shown in vraysun tutorials, but there is missing something...:mad:

I know the glass is having some problem and next render I'll fix it. Problem is that I dont know what else should I change to make it look more realistic. Is there a lightning problem? Textures? ...

Wonder if someone can help me improving it, I'm really having problems leading with exterior scenes..

If you need to know any settings, just ask.

Thanks a lot,

King Regards

http://cgarchitecture.blogspot.com

Hi all,

In the last post I forgot to attach the picture!!:rolleyes::confused:

Here it is...anyway, I supposed I could end up with those white points in the glass but they are still there...any idea of what's wrong?

About the scene, is there any ideas of what could I change to get more realism?

Any help is welcome ;)

King Regards

How can I get that fill light? Increase the vray sun intensity?

About the glass, I figured that those white points come from the floor and interior walls...any idea about the setting that causes that?

Thanks a lot!

Usually Radiosity will take care of most of that. The way I know how to do it is from putting lights under the ground plane pointing up at the structure - no shadows. Very little light is needed just enough so you don't have those almost black shadows and stuff.

Intesnity of vray sun should be kept at 1.0

use physical camera to adjust intensity.

Looks nice. Good looking model, and grass is tiled a bit much.

Some materials may need work, like interior surfaces, and the white ground on left.

Best regards,

JR

Hi

I've put a plan vraylight in that empty room (kitchen) but there are still those points in the glass. Any others ideas how to fix it?

About the grass tilling, is there any way to avoid it or at least reduce that effect?

Thanks a lot!

In this scene I'm facing a new problem... With that camera I'm using 60% of my ram memory when buildin light cache..but when I put the camera near the house, I dont change any settings and the system burns all my ram memory until the light cache process is over..the file automaticly closes...

The only way I've found out to avoid it was changing the light cache sample size from 0,1 to 100!!! Anybody knows why this happens?

Thanks a lot!

It might be helpful to post your render settings, and app versions. This problem seems odd. For grass tiling, try either to make the texture more seamless in photoshop, or similar, or try using a blend material with a mixture of different diffuse maps. Also, vray displacement will help "hide" some of the tiling. Try to use the default size for the LC samples (0.02.)

Unfortunelly I spend lots of time looking for photos and for my scenes wondering what should I do to make them more realistic :( I've been following most of all tutorials, but I'm not still leading with exterior scenes..I guess that the GI concept works better for interior scenes than exterior in my hands...i feel like :eek: when I see most of the exterior scenes that are posted here ;)

By the way, about my glass, I didn't change anything, just moved my physiscal camera to the interior garden of the house, and those points disappeared...when I move it back to the front view, the points come back..

Any idea of what causes this effect?

King Regards