Help! cant find render dialog window....

ecastillor

A while back I had the same prob. I had to give up one of two monitors and when I opened max my system still recognized the missing screen which I would place my dialog windows.

I had to find another monitor and restart max to retrieve the dialog boxes from the secondary monitor.

Dont know if this is your problem but its a thought.

if it is set up like 3dsmax, you can open the equivalent to the 3dsmax.ini file, and then locate the "RenderVFBPosition" line. it will look something like this.

[RenderVFBPosition]

Position=100 140

the position represents the pixel position of the top right hand corner of the dialog box. make sure it fits within the resolution of you screen. if not, change it so that it does. now save the file, and launch max. it should show up then.

i also read on this board one time that you can simply delete the 3dsmax.ini file, and it will be recreated the next time you launch max, and all settings will be within you monitor, however, i have not tested this method. ...and i guess there is a chance that it will erase some other of you settings.

again, this is for max, but i would guess that viz is set u in a similar fashion.

thanx! I found the way in an autodesk forum...

here....

Re: menus are missing!

Use the keyboard to move each missing dialog back onto the screen:

Bring the dialog into "focus" using its keyboard or menu item.

Hold ALT and hit Space bar.

Hit the letter M (move)

Use keyboard arrow keys to return it into view.

I have this happen all the time because I have 2 monitors at the office, but when I'm at home using my laptop to VPN into my office computer, sometimes there are dialog boxes over on the other monitor that I can't see on the laptop. Here is a handy little program I found to help with this problem. It will force all open programs or dialog boxes to pop onto the single viewable monitor. I used to use that Alt -> spacebar -> M technique but this is WAY faster and foolproof which is perfect for me :rolleyes: .