How to do something like this in FLASH CS3:

edub

How to do something like this in FLASH CS3:

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/flash/clubhouse_phase2.html

... and what's involved, Flash-wise? As a Flash n00b, how much would I have to learn, to make this work on it's most basic level?

Would someone (other than me) with a basic knowledge of Flash be able to pull this off?

Let's say I have the various camera sequences rendered from my 3D app of choice - how would I get them linked together in this manner? How much work needs to be done in Flash? I'm not so concerned with the GUI, per se, but more the method of embedding animations w/in other animations.

I vaguely remember someone on this forum doing something similar (The Sony site was also mentioned at that time) - has anyone else done something like this?

If anyone has links to similar types of sites, please post them here. I'm also interested in various tutorials to guide me along the right way.

Hi Erik -

I would say it is fairly simple if you keep it simple. The more navigation and options, the more structure and programming is required... and the more

elegance is possible.

Flash is timeline based sequencing of content. The interactive part requires some programming (Actionscript). If you have done things like web design (HTML/JS) or Director it is pretty straight forward.

This is often a good start:

http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/

TB

Hi Erik, i'm also a basic flash user..you can consider a VERY basic one .. lol

from that flash file, what i have in mind is only jumping from one frame to theother frame, using simple actionscript ofcourse.

In the flash timeframe, the button should be made to jump from one frame to another, whereas in each frame it display from one position of the perspective image. so clicking navigation buttons will move to different part of the perspective image.

for the animation for each room, will need some set up, like using the same perspective image as background (in MAX maybe), then the 3D models of the room set to fit the background, do the animation using the camera (where the room zoomed in and twisted), and save it to movie file.

this movie file then put in the flash scene,

when the button clicked, i would make it jumps from:

- the initial display of the perspective to the room location

- then blurred the perspective image

- continue with the movie of the room (where the room zoomed in and twisted)

i dunno if you get it or not. but that's what i thought as a very basic flash user.

btw, instead of using animation movie for the room, why dont just use still image of the room. That will be simpler, by zooming the room using tweening animation in flash only...

cheers

Hi guys.. just a short break here:) .. that's a nice website.. im just interested to know also about their movie clips (play movie thumbnail)... are those 3D modelled scenes with real people? what programs are usually used to put real people on 3d scene..like in movies? thanks! :)