Some feedback appreciated

MarkC-UK

Morning MR Gurus,

I've been working my way through Mr Bradley's MBM tutorials and I've come up with an interior scene. For the first time I felt as if I knew what I was doing, rather than randomly changing settings (you may disagree:( )

Would you be so kind and to take a look see.....

Any thoughts/comments/advice greatfully recieved.

Oh yeah, it's Max 9 using A+D shaders with a daylight system with MR sun and sky - no other lights. I'm using one of the supplied HDRI's as a background.

i agree with a previuos post... Another thing i would look at is a camera angle which i think at the moment is not working. I think so often a good render can be spoiled by bad choice of a view and the incorrect height of the camera itself. If you search a forum here i distinctely remember seeing a post on how to get it right. Something along the lines of a third and two thirds method. Otherwise i think you are getting there...

Bri and Arnold, thx for the response. I'll look at my GI solution and see how I can improve it.

Arnold, what would be your interpretation of a better camera angle? Maybe lower it slightly so it's not looking down into the room so much perhaps?

I did a search on camera set up but came up with nothing definitive.

Deffo more work required!!

hmmm... i might be going senile at my old age....lol... Right couple of things that i would suggest... Firstly try widening your camera angle, now i know that it tends to distort a little but sometimes that tends to to give you a better feel and i find it improves the feel of the room. Also, change a format of your render, meaning going for a ratio of 1:85. If you look under your render option you'll find it there, play around with various options till you find something to your liking. Something along the lines of 1000px to 500px(this is not accurate)

should do the trick. Also try to go left or right with the camera having the target diagonally across the room( does that make sense?), that should do the trick. As for the height lower marginally, nobody likes tall people...lol...Lets us know how it goes... Good luck

OK. I spent several hours of tweaking and not getting very far at all with this. This afternoon I was browsing thru a copy of 3D World magazine and lo and behold it had a really good tutorial in the Arch Vis supplement, for a MR interior.

I worked through the tut. and, using the knowledge gained from the MBM modules, came up with this improved render.

The magazine is an extortionate price, but it was £6 well spent:D

MR Gurus - what do you think??

Apartment1JPEG.jpg

I prefer the lighting in your first image, it feels more natural, In the second the light is too even making the image flat. Also its over saturated, where as in the first images the saturation is good. The AO in the corners is too strong and needs a bigger fall off. I agree that AO is needid under the furniture.

You are getting there and I hope I dont sound too harsh with these crits.

JHV