Vray and HDRI issue

geardaddy1

Just bought a bunch of HDRI images from Hyperfocal. Plugged them into the environmetal slot in vray and I am getting weird results. Anyone else having this issue with Hyperfocal? I'm I doing something wrong? Please look at the image that is attached.

The attached image is just a test. No other lights in the scene. Standard VRAY grey material assigned to the teapot. VRAY set to default medium setting. HDRI is in the GI enviromental override slot with a multiplier of 1.0. Sperical enviroment.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dave

the base is a vray plane? any material atached?? check if hdri is mirrored ball, angular map or spherical environment, those options are in the material parameters. may be you must change this option.

Yes, sorry, just a vray plane with a standard Vray grey material - same grey material as the teapot. Everything is as standard as you can get so I could rule out any other issues. I have tried to set the Hyperfocal HDRI to every setting (angular, spherical...etc) Same problems, very UPSETTING!!! ;)

Well, standard materials doesn´t work good with vray, I would use vray basic materials to make sure are not materials, make sure teapot is completely over the plane (not mixed) and I agree that you should screen your settings to check. I dont think is an hdri mistake, have you test the same scene with anoder HDRI, has it work? :confused:

Looks like a sampling problem to me. Its a render setting, nothing to do with the HDR image itself. You could shrink and Blur the HDRI for the lighting and use the original HDRI for the reflections. Play with the GI settings to smooth over the sampling (spots) which you are seeing in the render.

Yes Jophus,

Thanks for picking up on that. I cannot get to your link that you added. My Chaos Group password has seemed to walk off. Is there a quick fix?

I really don't believe it is a "GI" setting issue, like a few people are saying. If I take the HDRI out of the envirnoment (skylight) override, I do not get those spots, I get a solid render. Like I stated before I just have the vray settings to preset Medium.

What is really crazy is that I am following along to the Gnomon Workshop DVD for GI: Exteriors. I am following it to a T! And I am getting those errors.

AGGHHHH.

so you tried raising Hsph subdivisions?

Try this video(It's silent) IT's about image based lighting and I think the difference is that you have a HUGE contrast in your image (I thing a small peice of it is over a 1000 float)

I'm sure Chris talked about HSph. subDs in his videos.

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R1/images/animations/captures.off/7_ibl_final.avi

I encountered this problem before..so i made a research to avoid the white spots. There's nothing to do with the HDRI & Vray its your materials that creates the issue, the solution is avoid using Raytrace on your materials & shadows because it doe'nt go along with Vray. Also with Shadows. There's lots of tutorials about these issue, try to search for it.

And lastly dont use Material color 255 its also affects the scene.

"Crush"