First ArchViz in Modo

AlbertoEzzy

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and thought I'd start by posting my first ArchViz image. Modeled and rendered in Modo. (post in Photoshop)

I have a 3ds max (v4.2) and then Lightwave (v9.0) background, but I never had so much fun with 3D as with Modo... especially with the modeling.

C&C welcome!

Alberto Ezzy

How did I like Modo for ArchViz?

Just pure fun! Really intuitive and fast. That's personal taste of course.

In the past I've used 3dsmax (v4.2 some years ago) and only liked the texturing and rendering part of the 3D-jobs because of its combination with Finalrender.

Same story with Lightwave. Its native renderer I actually liked. But the modeling part... again not my cup of tea.

Then came along Modo, and finally, finally, I began to like modeling. I'm hooked now on all aspects of the program. I only miss really good caustics.

I'm doing some testing with Maxwell too. There even is a great script that exports Modo geometry to ready-to-use OBJ for Maxwell Studio. The community is the best I ever met! It feels really good to be part of that.

Bye for now!

How did I like Modo for ArchViz?

Just pure fun! Really intuitive and fast. That's personal taste of course.

In the past I've used 3dsmax (v4.2 some years ago) and only liked the texturing and rendering part of the 3D-jobs because of its combination with Finalrender.

Same story with Lightwave. Its native renderer I actually liked. But the modeling part... again not my cup of tea.

Then came along Modo, and finally, finally, I began to like modeling. I'm hooked now on all aspects of the program. I only miss really good caustics.

I'm doing some testing with Maxwell too. There even is a great script that exports Modo geometry to ready-to-use OBJ for Maxwell Studio. The community is the best I ever met! It feels really good to be part of that.

Bye for now!

Does Modo model in actual Architectural, engineering scales? Like Sketchup?

What is exactly the problem that you are having Ryan?

Getting my 2D CAD plans into Modo as linework.

Once I get the hang of this frickin program, I'm gonna do a decent video tutorial on how to get CAD data into Modo, model in Modo, texture, and light the scene.

We could use a good tutorial on this. Start to Finish arch-viz project. Not the crappy Null Institute one.

Null Institute has a arch-viz tutorial.

I didn't find it very applicable with arch viz...there's no texturing info, nothing to really get you into it.

Bear in mine, my tutorial could be months off. I didn't have time to get my linework into Modo this weekend. I'll try more tonight.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not the crappy Null Institute one.

Null Institute has a arch-viz tutorial.

I didn't find it very applicable with arch viz...there's no texturing info, nothing to really get you into it.

Bear in mine, my tutorial could be months off. I didn't have time to get my linework into Modo this weekend. I'll try more tonight.

Try the contour line tutorial to get your CAD info into modo. Its pretty simple, just export to dxf.

Yazan

• 9 months later...

Hi,

It looks really good. Were the pople added in photoshop? If so, slow the guy in the white shirt down. Is he the waiter? He must be on peice work, he should earn a fortune!

If you think, he would never be that blured in real life. The camera's shutter spead would be very fast as it looks like a nice day so nothing would be blured that much. Anyway, artistic liscence to create the mood!

What,s the average camera speed for a sunny day? 1/1000 th sec? He looks to have travelled 300mm in the 1/1000 th sec. He would need to be doing 300mph!... Hire him.

Fantastic water.

Ted