Town House

Good Afternoon,

I'm new user of this Forum..

I'll try to post this image..

Project: Town House

@2007

I used Blender for modeling and Yafray render engine for render.

Comments are welcome

Regards,

-adi-

k wat i think u can do:-

1. add in a nice blue sky.

2. put objects inside n around ur building to get reflections on ur glass.

3. the sunlight needs to get a more yelloish tint.

4. n put in some 3d trees.

5. bring down the camera to mans eye level.

6. n maybe add a car n some ppl

these cud improve ur images a lot. do update

cheers

Hi,

i dont really know the render engine you use, but it could do with some gi. the trees dont look right?? as above reflections in the glass would be a great improvement as would some nice sky.

increase your samples size for the render too.

post once updated, it's a nice model and i'm sure you'll improve on it 8)

• 3 weeks later...
Great Improvement, Those trees still look out of place, are they rpc? that may be the problem,

if thats slate on the roof you may want get some bump on the go looks a little flat.

much improved over the first one though, good going.

Thanks Andy.. the trees aren't rpc but image composited

here are small updates

C & C are welcome..

Regards

Adi,

the 2 problems I see with you image is the shodows of the trees and the sharpness of the image as a whole.

You said you are adding your trees pot render (in Photoshop maybe?). you need to remmeber that the shadows of the trees need to be in perspective too. Also the shadows would be a little blurred.

Your image needs to be sharpened more I think, maybe it's the screen size you have posted that is causing it to look blurred, but a good anti-alias filter at render time can give you a nice clean render to work from. You can always blur it later if you need to.

Otherwise it's looking pretty good. Some nice refelctions in the glass would be good too.

You said you are adding your trees pot render (in Photoshop maybe?). you need to remmeber that the shadows of the trees need to be in perspective too. Also the shadows would be a little blurred.

Otherwise it's looking pretty good. Some nice refelctions in the glass would be good too.

Thanks Hobo for ur suggestions,

I must threat shadows of d trees

here is using google SketchUp

Comments are welcome..

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Halo,

^^.It seems your image need some touches with photoshop. Just add some trees, hedges, foliages, people, cars and maybe your picture becomes better. ( just a suggestion - maybe your circle shaped window over there a bit strange..^^ but it's just my thinking.maybe you can put another shaped of window over there.or let it be just wall.^^ ) but other wise is good. Oh and the garage seems pretty dark too.^^

(yudk)

---

Maybe some other later we can talk in our bahasa^^ so it's easier^^

Hello Adi,

You've a lot of large surfaces, some landscaping would help a lot. Your shingle scale is way to large, typically each tab is just a bit under 1 foot wide. Some clouds would help reduce the large areas of the same color. You could add a displacment modifier unto your grass area and get a better result. A few items on the inside would also add some interest.

Not meaning to sound rude but if you ask for C&C, you should at least listen to it.

Your mapping does needs looking at.

You choice of trees is not good.

Materials need 'bump'.

Add a sky for a more realistic B/G.

GI.

Saying that, they're only little tweaks. Let's see your latest render after doing this.

Hey -

Your roof shingles are way out of scale. They're probably 10 times bigger than reality. I would drop in a better sky - something with variation to add some depth with some deep blue for contrast against the white building. Rendering is a little flat. Glass turned out well.

Thanks guys for d suggestions

here is a small update:

- put another sky image

- replace tree

- next time render, I'll try to turn down d roof tiles scale

- replace grass with pool in yard

Regards,