How Many of you are using vray for all renders

Sketchrender

I find i am down to line sometimes for rendering and since money is available to throw at the problem at this moment, what i want to know is.

How many of you out there use vray for all your rendering.

Is using scan line an option you sometime use.

Interiors i can see the need for Vray, but large format renders of towns ect, are not a runner.

If you read some of the articles on th Dubi projects, radiosity, is out as is the use of vray as they don't have the time for the animations.

What are your cheat techniques?

phil

hello .

all the external or internal renderer engine (vray ,mentalray) are more efficent than scan line renderer even in larg scale animation projects.

i did a huge parking simulation with more than 1000 realistic 3d model car with vray ...thank for vray proxy .

For some reason, I am sometimes asked to do the job in mental ray. Why is it so is still beyond me as I ship only pictures to investors. I was once told that some people prefer certain exteriors done in mental because it produces kind of "cheesecake" - old fashioned soft image, though same effect can be achieved with both vray or Brazil.

Hi I have a few friends at Flaming CGI in London which in my opinion has produced the best Arial City views I have ever seen, its probably because most of the people there come form the TV and film industry and the look is really nice, I used to work with them and they are all really talented guys and girls!

They too have issues with render times and one of the things they do is bake the lighting into the geometry, I might be right in saying hey currently use Lightwave for the bulk of the work, although they also use Maya and Max as well, the issue I have with baking textures onto models is that the UV mapping has to be pretty spot on, and I thought the time it would take to do a city you would be better off caching shadows in VRAY itself.

Regards

Mark

you can use the presets that come ni vray for some simple setups. Anything beyond that you need to learn a bit more about how it works to get the results you want.

I use v-ray for everything from interior to very large exterior (several square miles). There are tricks in using layers ans such to get what you want. But scanline is faster as long as you don't trace rays, which can be useful for certain situations.

All in all you use the best tool that gives best result in shortest time. It is all dependent on project, and client limitations. Every job is unique.