exterior still

louis.cho

Hi, I finnaly deceided to post here since my thread in the finished work got more comment that I imagined. You can see pics and comments with this link

I sleep on these comments last night. I decided to change the camera view to center the look on the house and insert one big tree behind the house to add organic element without getting lost in a big environment.

what's tickle me is the jonction between the house and the ground. I wanted to add flowers but I don't know how to do it. Any suggestion?

I use max 9 and mental ray 3.5, light is a mrSun/mrSky with myPhysicalSky in the environment slot.

thanks for help, any comments is very helpful.

I like the change - you can definitely tell the subject is the building. I like the tree better than the X-trees, too.

I do have to say that I really liked your 3rd shot in the other post. I agree with the others who said it was hard to know what your subject was. But it also has a look I haven't seen a lot. Hard to explain, but it's as if the subject matter is about to enter. Like it's the opening of a scene in a pixar film - I expect any second to see a CG character come bounding down the hill, or pop out from behind the building.

I guess I'm saying your environment had a nice "feel" to it, whatever that means.

yeah, it's look like LCD monitor ;)

I wanted tinted glass because I didn't want to see the interior in this view and let the viewer concentrate to the exterior shape and materials. Also I didn't want to make a hight gloss reflection liek a mirror or a 'real' windows because my environment is so simple that there is just nothing to reflect and it's looks strange. This glossy LCD material add a kind or NPR look to the image. Am I right?

mikedeerf: I use Onyx trees (boardleaf) to create my vegetation and most of the time I change textures and colors of leafs.

I lack of time, so I think I will go with the animation and see what it's does. I will return to improve the scene later.

Anything else?

Man, I have GOT to find a way to finance that Onyx package. It's such a tough sell here without a trial version - hope they someday add that option.

Anyway, yeah, I kinda like the black windows for your NPR look. But that's just me talking.

Thanks

thanks for your comments mikedeerf

The complete onyx trees package reach 500$US...it's worth the price since it's one of the best plug-in for arch viz.

You can begin with just Boardleaf pack, it's will be a nice add to your pipeline.

The only one I can't access is the garden suite and I want it for christmas!

here's the update for the daylight image, I added for with the haze/visibility control. I think I am one the way :)

I made the animatino last night and some composition test in combustion. telle me what you think and sorry for the poor quality :(

PS: Do someone know if I must raise the FG setting of Mr 3.5 when I use low visibility like 75m? I noticed some flikers in dark or detailled areas. thanks

you can see the anim here:

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f398/docmeduse/?action=view&current=Sq1.flv