Vray Sun/Phys Cam (new question)

c.klaassen

Hey Everyone,

I'm an experienced Vray user but haven't tried much with the Vray Phys cam and Sun system. I've seen there are lots of threads about it so have got most of my issues solved...

There are just 1 or 2 things i'd like someone to clear up.

Using the Vray Sun i see adjusting the height gives different colours and brightness but what level is 0 based on? Is it 0 on the Z axis or is it the position of the target?

Also (this might be linked to the above query) i've got a render setup but my sky seems way to dark for the settings i am using. (see attached pic)

Cam:

F stop 16

Shutter 100

ISO 350

Sun:

multiplier:1

turbity:3

ozone:0.35

using HSV exponential, dark and bright multiplier of 1.0

Also any tips on how to brighten the shadows in the scene without adjusting these multipliers because it throws off my other areas.

Many Thanks in advance

Christiaan

Very useful cheat for tweaking Vray sky background is next:

-Copy the VRay sky to some other slot, named it SKY2

SKY1 is map for lighting the scene, do not change ANYTHING there, BUT in SKY2 set the multi for Sun to 1.5-2.0-2.5 and use THAT map for enviroment as reflections/background

Complicated, but if you realise what is the trick its easy

You can link the Sun to the Daylight system, in the day light system settings turn off sylight & sunlight under the daylight system settings. That way you can accurately position your sun to year/month/day/time configurations. It also makes animating the sun easy.

Look into the Sunny 16 rule