gym & shower

mitchrichie

www.ragusmedia.com/shower4.jpg

CG architecture is a hobby of mine. Just trying to get better so any critique is welcome. Render based on models from Evermotion - this was mostly a lighting and texturing exercise. Rendered in Maxwell.

I realized after a hour and a half render that the weight is floating slightly...

Thanks for any tips and critique you may have!

Not bad, not bad at all. A hobby eh? Apart from the contact problems (weight bench too) the main adjustment needed is the scale of your textures. The fllor boards look as though they're about 6 inches wide. Similar problem with the shower enclosure textures.

The lighting approach is nice, but a bit too underexposed for the shower enclosure. As the windows are already "blooming", you can afford to increase the illumination to the rest of the shot and still keep that effect without going over the top.

Nice work, HTH

Yup, a hobby. There was some discussion about training a few of us to do this type of service at work but the funding just wasn't there so I started learning it on the side just for fun.

I'll play with the size of those textures...

Thanks for your comments.

You could also drop a post in the Maxwell area of CGArchitect, I'm sure you'll get some advice about your render settings there. Unfortunately I'm more from the mentalRay side. Shame about your work situation, keep it up and show your renders to your "boss"...maybe they'll meet you half way.

Al the best.

shaneis,

I'm a maya user and started with mental ray. I still play with it from time to time but I enjoy the quick setup time that maxwell has. Mental ray does have its advantages though.

I'm hoping my boss will come around...

Do you work for a studio or do freelance?

shaneis,

I'm a maya user and started with mental ray. I still play with it from time to time but I enjoy the quick setup time that maxwell has. Mental ray does have its advantages though.

I'm hoping my boss will come around...

Do you work for a studio or do freelance?

I think Mental Ray's great. It is a 'little' complicated, but I prefer the fine adjustments and settings. I tried Maxwell for a while, but felt like a fish out of water with the minimal setup. Maya can be just as quick to set up if you save out your custom presets/ settings.

Oh, and I freelance.

• 2 weeks later...