Living Room

djohnson129

One question I have is how I can make a really good curtain material?

I using a faloff map (Perpendicular/Parallel type) for diffuse with darker Front slot and slightly lighter Side slot. You can play with Mix curve.

And put some fabric bump to it.

You need to round the edges of armchairs to meke them realistic. And table is too big, I think.

Hey thank you for the replies ;D

I dont have much time to type but here's a render I did a few days ago just to show you guys the stairs area. Again, the wall color is just for the render. Since then I have made the couch's armrest a bit more rounded and added a flower and pot in the corner next to the stairs. However when I rendered it there were a few purple squares (artifacts?) in the renders which were from the purple flowers. I'm not quite sure how to get rid of them. I'll post those renders when I get home monday.

-Have a safe holiday

hello ;D

So here's my newest render. The weird colored square didnt show up when I had the colored roses in the scene....so that issue is cleared up, I guess. My main concern now is the lighting. I have the MR Sky set at 2.0, MR Sun at 1.0, and Indirect Illumination Energy Multiplier for the Daylight at 2.0....I like how bright the direct sunlight is, however the rest of the room is pretty dark. My problem is when I either increase the energy multiplier or increase the brightness in the exposure controls (and adjusting the contrast of course), it washes out the details on the couch cushions too much. The settings I have it at now are the best I know to get fairly good details and lighting. Does anybody have any suggestions? The next render I do will be with AO, hopefully that will add details.

I'm going to start working on the materials pretty soon. I'm getting more and more excited everytime I finish an object model.

oooo....and do you see those little fuzzies on the borders of the window glass? you can see it better in the previous renders, but any idea how to fix that or what its caused by?

Thanks again :D

So here's a render with the lighting from the last posted render, and then there's one with the energy bumped up to 5.0. Do you see how washed out it is? Anyways just wanted to show you what I meant. O and then do you see those fuzzies in the tops and bottoms of the window glass? eek :eek:

I just increased the saturation from .1 to 2.0 on the Daylight.....and here's what I got.

I think this is much more realistic coloring. Is it normal to have the saturation that high? I swear when I made the Daylight system the saturation was preset at .1....but when you compare this render with the previous ones, its like night and day.

aaaand....I didnt forget to lower the chair cushions, I just havent gotten to it yet :D

green plants on table behind couch; try rotating one, it's easy to see they are the same plant copied/instanced. The plant on the coffee table could be larger IMHO more propotional to the size of the vase. the scale of the couch/chairs seems off, unless it is a very tall room, I'd expect to see the backs to be roughly at the same height as the door knobs. I like the rug and floor texture. I'd also expect to see a fire box in the fireplace rather than a continuation of the floor surface into the fireplace. Good shadows....