Graduation project

Poll

Hello! It's been a while, but i think I will post updates for my graduation project in this topic. I'm currently designing a complex for combined working/living space. This is actually the first render I made. Its the living room of an appartment. (no furniture etc. because the design isn't even complete. its just a 3d-representation of the space)

I never worked with VrayphysicalCAM + Vraysun, so I ran into some problems (normally std. camera + direct light).

In the attached image (just a production render) you see the render, which has 2 problems for me. In the bottom of the image there are two light blotches. A blue vertical one, and a larger white one(diagonal). I think the blue one is comming from an omni light (athmosphereric only), and the larger white one (just next to it) is comming from the vraysun. I don't like them, and I don't think they should be there. My question to you is; does anyone know where they are comming from (setting) and how to get them out?

As I said, i will use this topic to ask you feedback till the final result. So more to follow!

Thanks in advance!

[ATTACH]22208[/ATTACH]

So, here's what I think:

those have to be reflections of lightsource(s). Waht you can do is either turn off "affect specular" in whichever light is reflecting on the floor, OR you can adjust the size and stregth of the highlight in your floor material, so that it disperses more and doesnt look so harsh.

That's what I think is going on. Anyone has another alternative?

Good luck!

Hi Diego! Super! It worked like a charm. I had an ambilight with 'ambient only' checked. So I assumed it wouldnt do specular. But unchecking ambient only and unchecking affect specular did the trick!

I will post an update soon! tnx for your help Diego!