Photoshop JPEG Crash

IceAged

Hi

I have encountered a very strange problem with some images I scanned into Photoshop.

I am using Photoshop CS2, and an Epson perfection 1650 scanner. The images, (25 of them), were scanned using file – import - Epson TWAIN in Photoshop, and set to black and white, 300dpi.

Initially everything went fine until I tried to reopen the images in Photoshop. Mostly I get one of two error messages:

“Microsoft Visual C++

R6025

Pure virtual function call”

This is followed by Photoshop crashing, and resetting the welcome screen when I load it back up again. The other message is:

“The embedded ICC profile cannot be used because the ICC profile is invalid. Ignoring the profile.”

Sometimes the image will load, but have a red haze over the image. When I right click on the files in explorer I notice that under ‘summary’ tab, the colour representation says ‘uncalibrated’.

I’ve never come across a JPEG that has caused so many problems. I’ve tried opening them with CS3 on a different computer and the same thing is happening. Does anyone have a faintest clue what is going on here??

If necessary I will post one of the images if anyone thinks they can help...

Hi Paul

Thanks ever so much for your help. I've attached one of the images causing the problems, when I try to open it with CS2 I get the 'runtime error' message, and under CS3 I got a 'profile error' message followed by photoshop crashing.

I'm not using any additional plugins other than what comes installed with photoshop. I considered reinstalling it, but since the problem is occurring on more than one computer/different versions, I am assuming it is down to the file itself.

• 2 weeks later...