2D drawings to 3D Models in AutoCAD?

tom10011989

Hello, i have just started using AutoCAD and am a bit baffled to how you go about converting a 2D drawing into a 3D model. i know there are two ways, one is to do it all in AutoCAD or the other way is to import in into 3ds Max and convert it that way using extrude. How do you atually do it though, i would appreciate it if someone could let me know.

Many Thanks.

Hello, i have just started using AutoCAD and am a bit baffled to how you go about converting a 2D drawing into a 3D model. i know there are two ways, one is to do it all in AutoCAD or the other way is to import in into 3ds Max and convert it that way using extrude. How do you atually do it though, i would appreciate it if someone could let me know.

Many Thanks.

Swings and round abouts,

Everyone will have there own preference as to how they model and render. AutoCAD tends to be in my opinion more accurate and if you’re in an industry that requires you to produce working drawings along with a visual CAD is the way to go.

Max or Viz depending on your budget tends to be quicker and more versatile once you get your head around it and there’s loads of tutorials and books you can get hold of to show you how it’s done.

Personally I model most of my work in AutoCAD and render through Max and Vray. Most of the time using poly lines to create a shape and extruding to size.

Hope this of some help